Thursday, March 15, 2012

Three of Ten: Airplane!

Be prepared. The top three movies on my list are just about as far apart as three points can possibly be. The bronze medal goes to...

Airplane! How do you even begin to talk about a movie of this magnitude? Well, you kind of don't. No words can compare with the amazing dialogue that floods this movie. In fact, maybe my memory doesn't serve me well (it probably doesn't), but I don't really even remember scenes without dialogue. 
     The plot is simple. A war veteran gets onto an airplane, and there are a bunch of hilarious characters on the plane as well. The flight is going well until everybody gets food poisoning (airplane food is always really weird), including the captain. NO ONE is capable of flying the airplane other than the war veteran who sweats so much he looks like he is melting. Oh, and his co-pilot? Inflatable.

If anything happens to your captain, you
better hope these guys are around.
Here's the situation. I was blazed out of my brains. I searched the internet for quite some time to put that as subtly as I possibly could, but there's no way around it. I was thoroughly baked at 451 degrees (I guess?) and just needed to watch a movie. Usually I watch Star Trek, but this time I wanted a movie, and I never watch movies in uh, this condition. So, already, I'm watching a movie under unusual circumstances, but the weirder part? I almost never laughed throughout the entire movie. Sure, I chuckled here and there, but I really only laughed at Otto the Co-Pilot. I certainly acknowledged when a joke was made, but they were so in sync with my brain that I just didn't laugh. I didn't feel the need to. In my situation, this movie was not the absurdist riot it is advertised as. It just made perfect sense.

Most impressive dialogue happens in this scene
Like Merlin watching Memento, you know?

(But seriously, this movie is fucking hilarious)

2 comments:

  1. I love this movie to death. End of story. And I think I'm officially going to have to try this one blazed, it's never occurred to me, but this must be a good one. The last one I tried blazed was Pulp Fiction and that was...a strange one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This movie is amazing stoned. Not Planet Earth good, but good. Thanks for reading!

      Delete