Tuesday, March 20, 2012

You're going to eat lightning and crap thunder.

Rocky is one of those movies that I've seen parodied in every other movie, hell, even The Powerpuff Girls, but never saw the source. I mean, when I put the blu-ray in, I left the room to get a cup of coffee. Then I heard the theme, and I just started singing the tune. And I thought, holy crap I am so psychic that I already know the theme to this movie oh my god I'm so amazing. Then I realized that Rocky is just one of those movies. 
Don't know the plot? Shame on you. A poor South Paw isn't the stallion he used to be. "I got heart, but I ain't got no locker," laments Rocky Balboa. This is your typical rags to riches film, of a nobody who is really only famous in his poor community, rising to the top of the world. 
It took me forever to find a picture, and I don't
know why I could only find one from Africa,
but they did put this face on a stamp!



You know, that cliche stuff. I really liked Rocky though. I think I just like movies about fighters. About men who only use the strength their mothers gave to them to fight. I mean, you know what I think of fighters? Classic, Hollywood fighters anyway? I think they are horses with the body of a man and the heart of a child. In the end, he only cares about love (for his pets and I guess his girlfriend too).
     I feel a lot better having seen this movie. If Sylvester Stallone's face didn't totally remind me of my creepy uncle's face when he's drunk, I would love him. Uh, Stallone that is.

1 comment: