Thursday, March 15, 2012

Six of Ten: Inception

And God disguised his angels as a couple of sexy dudes.
  • Cast.
  • Soundtrack.
  • Plot.
  • Hallway.
  • Ending.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if I was talking about Irreversible? 
     Inception is an all around perfect movie. I saw it four times in theatres, and I cried every time I saw it. As soon as the last note is hit, the tears started to roll. Inception is complex and really pulls you in pretty deep. I always felt that the final scene was my kick. I had to wake up.
Did you know that totems work in real life? What's yours?
     If you haven't read about the magic of the soundtrack, I'll do my best to sum it up here. The soundtrack is composed entirely from Edith Piaf's "Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" (French, "No, I have no regrets"). By taking certain parts of the song, and simply speeding them up or slowing them down, and then cleaning that portion up, you get the entire soundtrack. That's it. One song, an entire score. And, of course, this is precisely what the dream world is about. Time flows so differently, and what feels like hours is simply a minute or two.
Getting around San Fran is a bitch.
    Another thing? I went into this movie expecting to hate it. My exboyfriend was the one who recommended it to me, and he is without a doubt one of the worst people at explaining movies. So, going into a movie, expecting it to be three hours of being bored to tears, and then watching Inception? Oh. Oh my.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment